It always happens: you look forward to summer, and when it comes to the city with all its heat and stuffiness, you already unwittingly start to dream about cold autumn days. How to stand summer heat and help your body in such extreme conditions?
- Eat fewer sweets and hot spices. Experts at Columbia University have published a study on how our diet affects sweat secretion. It turns out that sweat products rich in simple carbohydrates (i.e., sugar water, pastries, white bread, sugar, cookies, and cakes) and hot spices like cayenne pepper, chili, and Tabasco sauce cause profuse sweating. So, if you do not want to be drenched in sweat, it is better to use seasonings with a sour taste, such as lemon or lime juice, lingonberry or pomegranate sauce, and tkemali.
- Do not begin salt-free diets. In the heat, salt and trace elements are excreted with sweat in large quantities. But it does not mean that you need to put too much salt into the dishes – just keep to the norm – you should not consume more than half a teaspoon of salt per day.
- Stay at home at peak hours. Remember that the sun is most active from 11.00 to 16.00 a.m. At this time, it is advisable to protect all parts of the body from direct sunlight. It is best not to leave the house at all during this period of time. Much less, you should not sunbathe at this time of day.
- Do not use make-up at all or keep its use to a minimum. In the heat, the skin breathes heavily and sweats profusely, thereby reducing the body temperature. Clogged pores can lead to thermoplegia. If you still cannot do without cosmetics, consider summer make-up for a hot day.
- Drink more water. The main symptoms of weakness and indisposition in hot weather are due to the loss of water. Increase the amount of potable water by half, let it be at least 3 liters a day. And do not drink too cold water. With a strong temperature difference – this is the straightest way to a sore throat.
- Do not drink alcohol. Its effect on the body goes into overdrive in hot weather. Moreover, your body becomes more sensitive to high temperatures.
- Use sun protection. Sun protective cosmetic is needed not only on the beach but also in a hot and stuffy city. From natural remedies, you can use tea tree oil and aloe juice. Buy special caring lipstick with UV filters – it will protect your lips from the harmful effects of the sun and moisturize them. Sunglasses will protect the delicate and vulnerable skin of the eyes.
- Use the air conditioner reasonably. The air conditioner is a good invention, but due to improper use, it often does not help to endure the heat, but on the contrary – worsens the condition of a person.
First, do not lie in front of the air conditioner for a long time or after washing your hair.
Secondly, the temperature difference in your house and outdoors should not be too big. Do not set the air conditioner to a minimum, 24 degrees – the optimum temperature.
Thirdly, keep in mind that the conditioner dries air very much, so you will have to save the situation with the help of a humidifier (or improvised means). There is simple and interesting advice on how to stand heat if you do not have air conditioner: if you have a room fan, just place a bottle with ice in front of it, and the surrounding air will be cooler.